SHANA DENNIS | Fine Art & Portrait Photographer
Currently based in Sydney & Newcastle, Australia
I am a fine art and portrait photographer that first discovered my passion for photography back in 2009 with a cheap 4 mega pixel digital camera. I love creating works that are recreations of old stories, era's. I also fascinated by my own and others dreams & emotions. I have been fortunate enough to have been a 3rd place winner in the 2013 National Campus Art Prize and I've also been published in the Semi-Permanent Book which is handed out as a part of their events which hosts exhibitions, workshops & talks by some of the best artists & designers in the business.
•Dream State, Gaffa Gallery, Sydney, Australia
• Once More With Feeling, Watt Space Gallery, Newcastle, Australia.
Select Group Exhibitions
•A Photo from Oz, Anton Pub , Bucuresti, Romania, curated by Crisia Miroiu.
•National Campus Art Prize, Nexus Gallery, Adelaide, Australia. (3rd place photomedia)
• In The Shining Silver Light, Chop Shop Clinic, Newcastle, Australia. Collaboration with Sarah Louisa
• The Silent Era, (organised by Shana), ARThive Gallery, Newcastle Australia. (This show received a mention in The Australian as a part of the story: The new Newcastle.)
• The Cat's Meow/ In The Shining Silver Light, shown as a part of the all the film festivals, Tower Cinema, Newcastle, Australia.
• Theatre Lane paste up project, Street Art Walking initiative, Newcastle, Australia.
• A Vintage Dream, ARThive Gallery, Newcastle, Australia.
• See What We See, Newcastle Art Space, Newcastle, Australia.
• 3rd place in the National Campus Art Prize in the Photomedia section.
• Stolen Publications Vol 5
•Semi-Permanent 2016 Book
•Semi-Permanent 2015 Book
•Semi-Permanent 2014 Book
•Semi- Permanent 2013 Book
•Freque Magazine Vol 1
• tickle the imagination vol #6 (online publication)